A blueprint for a better budget.
We have elected to release a responsible three-year blueprint for a better budget based upon the following principles:
- Address the overall budget situation, not just the public education crisis. The plan ensures there will be enough revenue to avert further budget cuts and invest in key priorities.
- Acknowledge revenue is part of the problem and modernize the tax system while ending special interest giveaways.
- Look beyond the current crisis and propose realistic solutions to structural budget problems plaguing the state.
- Propose reforms to budgeting practices that will increase legislative oversight and reduce the potential for future revenue failures.
- Model the transparency we believe our elected officials should adopt.
The result is a three-year plan that fills the current budget hole and transparently lays out how to provide quality services Oklahomans deserve at adequate funding levels.